SDI is in partnership with the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office NASSCO and the World Bank in order to improve monitoring for improved project accountability, effectiveness, efficiency of resource application, sustainability, and ownership of the Cash Transfer across the country . SDI is a State Level CSO serving as third party monitor in Kano and Katsina State . The activities of the State Level CSO is to monitor whether delivery of benefits is done in a timely manner and transparently; credibility and accuracy of results; functionality of accountability mechanisms including management of grievances (complaints and appeals) from beneficiaries of Cash Transfers or the citizenry and performance of several other elements of the program at the state level.
Specific objectives include:
- Check transparency and compliance with principles of identification of the poor and vulnerable households
- Check transparency and compliance with principles of selecting beneficiaries.
- Verify payments of cash transfers to beneficiaries; and
- Establish amount of disbursement of cash transfer by Payment Service Providers (PSP) to beneficiaries selected from the Single Registry.
- Verify functionality of the grievance’s management mechanism and the effectiveness for managing complaints and appeals
- Assess adequacy of education